From study tips to professional guides, from short articles to full-length books, we want to post them on this site to help each other and ALL veterans.
If you have already written something or want to write a quick post, please contact us.
- Three things that helped you get through your first xxxxx (Math, English, History, Art, Physics, Economics, etc.) class since returning to school.
- How to choose a major, why you chose your major, and what majors matter in xxxx industry, or do majors matter in your industry?
- Short resume tips and examples for veterans in specific career fields. One size does NOT fit all. We need examples of what works in your field and how a veteran can translate his or her background into something meaningful on an industry specific resume.
- Interviewing tips for veterans. Again, one size does NOT fit all. Interviewing for a trading job is not the same as interviewing for a banking job, much less a supply chain manager job. Desired skills and culture matters.
- Internship: how to get it, what are goals, etc. General tips are nice, but specific sectors are even better!
- A description of the first 90 days on the job in your career field/company. Goals you thought were important, goals that actually mattered, lessons learned and so forth.
- Tips on moving up the ladder, career progression in your industry and/or the decision to change to another industry or career field.
- How you have dealt with adversity and set backs after leaving the service. Small things or big things, it is up to you.
- Anything else you feel may help a veteran who is thinking about school, at school or in the work force!
Please send them to us so we can post them to this site. The more posts and content we build, the more veterans we can help. Nothing is password protected so any and all interested veterans can and should read these. We can post with or without your name, and we can have an editor review it if you are worried about spelling or grammar.
Step up and write something!